DHP offers a number of scholarships for students to attend this marine science class. Please indicate your interest in these scholarships on the application form.
1. The Jenny Cook Memorial Scholarship provides full tuition for a student to attend the Marine Science High School Course. Students who wish to be considered for this scholarship should read more about this opportunity here.
2. The Quackenbush Research Scholarship provides full tuition for a student interested in conducting research in plankton ecology. Students commit to the class and to participating in a 2-week research experience in the laboratory of Dr. Jeffrey Krause (at DISL) following the completion of the class. Students must provide their own housing and transportation for the 2-week research period. Housing at the Dauphin Island Sea Lab cannot be extended after the course. Interested students should describe their interest in research and the science classes they have completed or will complete prior to summer in an additional paragraph in their application essay.
3. Through the generosity of an anonymous donor, DHP is able to offer a scholarship covering full tuition to a female interested in the intersection of marine science and technology. Students should describe their interests and activities in these areas in an additional paragraph in their application essay.
4. The Dauphin Island Sea Lab Foundation Scholarship provides full tuition for a student to attend the class. Decisions are made on the basis of financial need. Students should address this need in their application essay as well as their interest in marine science.
5. The Mississippi-Alabama Sea Grant Consortium Scholarship provides full tuition for a student who participated in Alabama's state science fair and whose project addressed coastal, marine or environmental science or a related STEM field.