Title: General Maintenance - Electrical
Date Posted: March 26, 2021
Deadline: April 9, 2021
DISL is looking to hire an experienced Maintenance Electrician to look after the electrical system of our building. As a Maintenance Electrician, you will be required to conduct general maintenance inspections, perform routine electrical maintenance, respond to faults and wiring issues, and install major electrical appliances for the building.
To ensure success as a Maintenance Electrician, you should have high-level problem-solving skills, extensive experience working with industrial electrical systems, and good communication skills. Ultimately, a top-class Maintenance Electrician ensures the smooth running of a building's electrical system and resolves issues quickly and efficiently.
Maintenance Electrician Responsibilities:
- Routinely inspecting electrical systems such as wiring, fixtures, and appliances.
- Identifying faults or hazards.
- Troubleshooting system failures.
- Reviewing blueprints to understand wiring placement.
- Testing of electrical systems with oscilloscopes, voltmeters, and ohmmeters.
- Conducting maintenance repairs on old or faulty fixtures.
- Responding to fault requests.
- Providing suggestions for equipment replacement.
- Writing electrical maintenance reports.
- Installing new electrical appliances in the building.
- Adhering to safety and performance standards.
- General maintenance duties preferred
- High school diploma or GED.
- Electrician qualification certificate.
- Proven work experience as a Maintenance Electrician.
- Familiarity with industrial electrical systems and the National Electrical Code.
- Good problem-solving skills.
- Physically strong and able to stand for long periods.
- Good communication skills.
- 2-5 years as a proven electrician
- Experience in industrial and/or commercial electrical systems
- Demonstrable ability to use electrical and hand tools (wire strippers, voltmeter etc.) and electrical drawings and blueprints.
- Thorough knowledge of safety procedures and legal regulations and guidelines.
- Ability to follow instructions from supervisors or senior maintenance workers
- Ability to read technical manuals and drawings
- Computer skills needed to record-keeping and communication
- General knowledge of HVAC, plumbing, and general maintenance.
Email your resume or CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
MESC/Dauphin Island Sea Lab is an EOE/AA/M/F/D employer