Title: Information Technology - Data Architect
Date Posted: February 23, 2021
Deadline: Until Filled
The Data Architect will be able to manage and oversee a robust and growing data management center. Support all departments at the MESC/Dauphin Island Sea Lab, but the primary responsibility will be working with DISL researchers for data archiving and analysis.
- Responsibilities of the Data Architect at the Dauphin Island Sea Lab (DISL) will include but are not limited to:
- Directing and leading data management at DISL while supporting aspects of the data collection and management of the DISL researchers.
- Maintain and monitor system performance with regular tests and troubleshooting as well as integrating new features and security as needed.
- Creating innovative ways to present, analyze, report, and store real-time meteorological and oceanographic data. This data will need to be presented in ways that are easily understood by a variety of end-users.
- Creating, maintaining, and publishing metadata (Specifically ISO 19139, ISO 19115-2, and ISO 19110) for DISL datasets.
The position is full-time (non-exempt) and includes benefits. Salary is commensurate with experience.
DISL is an EOE/AA/M/F/D employer. A background check, as well as a pre-employment drug test, may be required. Participation in DISL’s ongoing drug-testing program is required.
Bachelor’s degree or Master's degree from an accredited college/university in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related and up to 2 years professional programming and data management experience, OR 2-year technical degree with 5 years of current professional programming experience, OR more than 5 years of current professional programming experience.
- Must have experience in web development and working in cloud computing.
- Expert in SQL and good with data modeling for relational, analytical, and big data workloads. (MS SQL, MySql, and PostgreSQL)
- Be comfortable with different database administration tools, including but not limited to MySQL Admin and MSSQL Management Studio
- Must be comfortable and knowledgeable working in a Windows and Unix/Linux server environment
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills. Including a proactive disposition toward identifying problems and providing solutions.
- Must be able to work well within a skilled team or independently.
Preference Given Skills
- Experience creating and deploying apps for Android and iOS.
- Knowledge of (or ability to quickly learn) analytical measurements and measurement taking, and the use of R (r-project.org).
- Experience with working in the grant-funding environment.
Please email completed job application and CV to: email@example.com
You may also mail in completed job applications and CV to:
HR - Data Architect
101 Bienville Blvd
Dauphin Island, AL 36528